May 17, 2013

Flashback Friday: Spring Achievement

I can hardly believe that I have been blogging for almost two years now and haven't ever mentioned 4-H Spring Achievement! Every year that I was a 4-H member I took a sewing project to the fair at the end of the summer, but it had to be done in time for Spring Achievement where you could model your projects and be judged on your style review as well as your workmanship. This also gave you a chance to make any last minute adjustments to your project, if necessary, before the fair so you can win the coveted blue ribbon.

My sewing project.
I also wore this peach dress to my grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party. It was a hit!

My buymanship project.
I purchased the above outfit as part of my "buymanship" project the same year. The denim jacket and lavender blouse were purchased on sale at retail stores and the green floral skirt was purchased at a secondhand store. For this project I broke down the estimated cost per wear of each item, something that I still do!

No comments:

Post a Comment