November 10, 2013

Plaid Shirt Refashion

My mom had this men's large plaid shirt for a different craft, but I loved the material so much that i scooped it right up!

Oh course, it being a large was kind of a problem...


so I put the shirt on inside out and pinned away the excess on the sides and sleeves. Next I laid both sides on top of each other to make sure they were even. Then I cut away the excess and sewed up the side seams.



The next step in the process was shortening the sleeves. First I removed the cuff from the sleeve. Then I shortened the sleeve and finally re-attached it.



I love how the final product turned out! Now I have a cute plaid shirt dress for any bright autumn day.


4 comments:

  1. Your willingness to remove and replace cuffs to shorten sleeves is why I will always pay you to alter my clothes. :)
    Love your "crafty."

    ReplyDelete