November 23, 2013

Bias Tape Baby Bib

This was the most quick and easy baby project ever! I started with a piece of quilted material, cut in the shape of a bib, and bias tape. When using bias tape you will notice that one side is slightly longer than the other, this side should always be on the bottom of your project.


First, I cut a piece of bias tape for the center of the bib.


My mom's tip for bias tape is to pin it to the back side of the project and baste it on first, sewing inside the first fold.


Once the bias tape was sewn onto the back I pinned the rest to the front side and top stitched leaving a finished edge.


I followed the same steps for the outer edge, leaving tails to use as ties.



Ta-Da, the project was very inexpensive and done in minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment