I have seen grilled pineapple on Pinterest many times and couldn't wait to try it. I excitedly cut my pineapple and brought up the recipe on Pinterest to find that I didn't have the right ingredients and the sauce recipe was for numerous slices of pineapple when I only wanted three.
So, in true Willerick style ...I GOT CRAFTY!
Here is the recipe I ended up with:
1 TBSP- Agave Nectar Light
1/2 TSP- Extra Light Olive Oil
1/2 Packet- True Lime
2 Dashes- Cinnamon
|A look at the ingredients I used.|
- Once you make the sauce set it off to the side and slice your pineapple. I found that 1/2 inch was the best thickness for me.
- Next, get your grill fired up! Low flame is the best. It cooks your pineapple without burning it.
- Brush the sauce on. (See picture below)Cook 3-5 inches on each side.
- My favorite slices were the ones that started to get an opaque look to them.
- As you flip them add more sauce.
- Serve as a dessert or with a meat such as pork.
|Raw pineapple with sauce on it.|
|The finished product|