June 30, 2012

Hot Pink Polka Dot Dress Refashion

Today I FINALLY had the time to refashion one of my free store finds! I starter with the dress since I wanted to wear it to church. I love the color of the material and it was in great shape, plus there was a lot of material to work with.

Dress BEFORE!

I decided to turn the dress into a cute yoga skirt I saw on Pinterest because it was too busy for my tastes as one solid piece and a knit. The instructions, from Sew Mama Sew, were VERY helpful and easy to follow, however, she forgot the mention that you should use a stretch stitch and ball point needle when sewing on knits. (In a lapse of judgement I also forgot this and have had to resew a few seams already!)

The major difference with my yoga skirt was that it was a refashion. I wanted to make the best use of the fabric so I cut my skirt and yoga waist band from the very bottom, fullest part of the skirt. I was strategic so that I could use the existing hem and side seams. TIME SAVER!

Measuring the skirt length.


Cutting the skirt.

Cutting the waist band.

Ta-Da!



4 comments: