June 19, 2012

Father's Day Tag



Dogwood Tag


We wanted to give Mark a pink Dogwood tree for Father's Day, but it is too late in the season for planting now. The tree will do a lot better if we wait till closer to the time that it will be dormant before we plant it. We decided to give him a gift certificate for a dogwood tree for his gift. I started the tag by adding a layer of blue Kaleidacolor ink onto photo paper with a brayer. Just load the brayer really well with the ink and apply to the photo paper with multiple back and forth motions. This technique can leave fairly sharp edges to the color or they can be blended to a very subtle variation. I used very sharp edges to the color here. Next comes the dogwood bloom. I punched four heart punches from pink paper (because Mark wants a pink tree) I punched into the center of the heart with a label punch to mimic the shape of a real dogwood bloom. I sponged a little with pink ink at the edge of the bloom to give it some texture. I punched a small bloom from a scrap of yellow paper for the center, then  I punched two more hearts from green paper and cut them in half to create the leaves. I adhered the flower to the edge of the tag and added the loop at the top of the tag that I created from the curvy label punch. added an islet to attach it to the tag.  I used sticker letters in some crazy font that I had on hand. I liked the little touch of whimsy that they added. Mark is looking forward to planting the tree in the fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment