July 6, 2013

Grab N Go Breakfast

What to eat for breakfast when you are allergic to wheat, corn, soy..... ummm.


Well I turned to my trusty friend Pintrest and found this really smart breakfast cookie. I have used the recipe quite a few times, including the time I left it in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. (NOT RECOMMENDED) That will be a whole different post.


I have had a few different combinations that have been nice. It is best to use VERY dark bananas. They taste sweeter, and are more moist, which helps the cookie stay together better. Here is an example of what I mean by very dark.



I have used the recipe just like it says and like it quite well. On another occasion I used pumpkin puree instead of banana, then I added pumpkin seeds and pumpkin pie spice, as well as a bit of Maple Syrup that my crafty brother makes. Yummy! I think that will be a new autumn favorite. Today I tested adding in about 1/4 cup of sunflower butter and sunflower seeds. Those are the darker cookies in the back of the picture.

These treats keep really well in the frig. I am planning on sealing them in the Food Saver for storage in the freezer. They have never been around long enough to try that yet.

Add a Greek yogurt to this cookie and an organic juice and you have a nice breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment