April 22, 2013

Fashion Star & The Great British Sewing Bee

I admittedly watch a little bit too much television, but recently I have been absolutely GLUED to Fashion Star and The Great British Sewing Bee. Why you ask?



I love Fashion Star for three main reasons. It mixes individual designers and the process they go through WITH buyers from major department stores AND you can purchase the clothing immediately after the show is over! Talk about an advertising major's dream.

Have any of you purchased an article of clothing that was designed on Fashion Star? I have been tempted, but it seems that Saks always buys the styles I like and sells them out of my price range. I have, however, been thinking about how I could replicate a few of the designs.


I have never wanted to be on a "reality" television show until I saw The Great British Sewing Bee. Honestly, if Americans were allowed to apply I would fly to Britain at the drop of the hat! America, lets get on this ASAP.

What makes this show so wonderful is that it truly tests the sewing skills of amateur sewers through a variety of tests including altering, tailoring, following a pattern, hand stitching, and refashioning for both men's and women's clothing. The winner of The Great British Sewing Bee will likely be a very well rounded seamstress!

In other news we've joined Bloglovin!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this show. I would totally apply for it if it wasn't aired on t.v. haha

    ReplyDelete