December 23, 2013

Tacky Christmas Party

Paul and I were invited to a last minute "tacky Christmas" party and needed to find outfits quickly. Thankfully I found this beautiful little number at Goodwill and was inspired by a pin I had seen.

SO many hunting dogs!

Once I got the tree skirt home I found some green ribbon and decided to sew it to the top of the skirt to make a faux waistband and closure.


Sadly, I'm not as small around as a Christmas tree, so I had to measure down about 7" on each side, tuck in the corner, and sew the ribbon on top to enlarge the "waist" area.



 


This made the side of the skirt with the opening slightly higher. I decided to make the shorter part of the skirt the front, like a high-low Christmas skirt. Due to time restraints I quickly slipped on the skirt, tied a bow on top, and safety pinned it closed. Next time I wear it I will sew the sides together about 3/4 of the way up. Merry tacky Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment