December 17, 2013

Christmas Party Refashion

This fun royal blue silk number was sent to me by a family member for re-hab. It had a number of stains on the lower half of the skirt, but I LOVED the color and knew just what I wanted to do with it.
Before

and I loved this detailing along the waist!

The first step was to cut off the stains at the bottom of the dress. However, that length was a little awkward (not really a dress, not really a shirt...) so I cut it a few more inches. Then you could tell it was supposed to be a top. I had to be careful of the back zipper though, because the garment was originally a dress, the zipper is quite long.

Step number two, remove those 90s shoulder pads!


The third step was to hem the lining and outer layer, making sure to hem the lining higher than the outer layer so it wouldn't hang out. After a quick press I was really to go to my Christmas party!


1 comment: