December 8, 2013

Christmas Wreath

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my mom and I made a Christmas wreath out of an evergreen base, poinsettias, and gold swirlies that she had found at garage sales. We thought the poinsettias looked a little plain so we decided to spruce them up with faux snow and glitter!




(We used mod podge to make the glitter stick.) After the "snow" had dried I added the gold swirls in randomly and added a green bow to the bottom of the wreath.


I made the bow by looping ribbon together and fastening the loops with a bread tie. And I used the bread tie to fasten the bow to the wreath. So simple!


A festive Christmas wreath brought to you by my mama's thriftiness and good company!

1 comment:

  1. This is just the way I pictured it in my mind. Great job, and what a joy to come home to.

    ReplyDelete