August 30, 2013

Kitchen Chairs

I bought this dining room table and four chairs at a garage sale the summer before we got married, FOR ONLY $40! 

Before you go thinking I'm amazing, let me just tell you how bad the seats of the chairs looked. They were stained, 90's colors, and smelled horrible. They were bad. I wish I had a picture to show you truly how bad they were. But you'll just have to trust me on this one.

Luckily this "refinishing" project was quick and inexpensive. First I unscrewed the seats from the frames of the chairs. Next I measured the seats and cut four squares of upholstery material, leaving a few inches of excess. Then I stapled squares of upholstery material at the bottom of the seats and screwed them back on. The whole project took about 30 minutes. Material was purchased with a coupon from JoAnn.

Dining Room Set

Completed Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment