November 30, 2012

Bulletin board



I don’t know about anyone else, but I am one of those girls who like to continually go above and beyond, so when I realized there was NO decorations for Thanksgiving at work I HAD to do something about it. What did I have available? A roll of yellow paper and a few markers. 

In other words, I was working to make two ingredients into a whole meal.
Bad analogy? You’ll deal. 

Anyway, if any of you care here is what I ended up throwing together in the 30 minutes I had, and a pictorial view of what I did.



Step 1: Sketch the cornucopia
Step 2: Color in/ Shade the cornucopia
Step 3: Add background items

Step 4: Start adding foreground items
Step 5: Continue adding detail
Step 6: Fill in any yellow places left with gray
Step 6: Another  example of filling in "white space."
Step 7: Add shading to anything else you want. I added a little more yellow shading to the under side of my cornucopia
Step 8: Add acorns. Just do it.
Final Product. Make due with what you have!
Now that's the spirit.


2 comments: