July 21, 2014

Baby Shower Gifts

One of my dearest friends is having her first baby girl (!!!) so I did what any rational friend would do and locked myself in my sewing room for the day, played a few Christmas movies, and sewed frilly things!

I started with a onesie I bought at Target and some perfectly colored remnants from Jo-Ann's. I wanted to add ruffles to the butt and found this super quick tutorial on Shabby Mom of 2.




I know kid clothing items tend to get washed A LOT, so I think if I were going to do this again I sew each ruffle in a tube shape them turn them right side out before attaching them so all raw edges are inside. I'm a bit worried that the unfinished edges on the under side of these ruffles will fray. But maybe baby girl will have out grow this little number by then anyway!

I had quite a bit of material left over so I cut two rectangles, the same size, and sewed them together at the sides. Then I added a pocket on top, inserted elastic, and hemmed the bottom. Wa-la, 20 minute skirt!


I also added a personal label to this special piece. So glad my mother gave them to me for Christmas a few years ago!

This special outfit still needed a finishing touch and I had some pink and white stripped material left so I found this fabric flower tutorial at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.


I love how all of the pieces came together and can't wait to see baby girl in this outfit!



No comments:

Post a Comment