June 28, 2013

Flashback Friday: Marissa's First Quilt

When Paul and I were dating I decided to make a quilt for one of his birthday gifts. I had never made a quilt before so I decided to make large rectangular blocks, each 12"x18" and add a border to make the quilt fit a full size bed. This pattern was very easy for a beginning quilter.

Squares assembled.

For an extra special addition I asked my mother to embroider Paul's monogram and birthday on the bottom right square.

Sewing the border on.

Me sewing!
Once I had the squares and border sewn together my quilt top was finished. Then I sewed my quilt top and back together with my batting inside. Since I didn't have access to a quilting machine I decided to tie the quilt off.

Tying off the quilt.

Quilt tie.
Paul was very surprised and loved his gift. I also made a matching pillow case.

Happy Birthday Paul!

Finished Quilt.

I really enjoyed making this quilt and anticipate doing another, somewhat more difficult pattern, again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment