February 22, 2013

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips: Product Review

Nails on Day 1
I don't usually do product reviews but was SO impressed with the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips that I just had to share them with you! This is the second time I have used the polish strips and they are a fun way to wear a wild pattern that would be impossible to paint. 

Sixteen polish strips are included in each box so you can find the perfect fit. once nails are clean and filed you simply remove the protective plastic, rub polish strip onto nail, and file off access. If you don't get the perfect placement the first time I have found that I am able to peel and replace polish strip a few times without any damage. My manicure usually last about a week and then begin to chip like any regular polish would. I was very impressed that they didn't peel off in a whole strip, which is how I applied them. 

I have to say, the polish strips are a bit expensive for one application, but I find them on sale on a regular basis and think they are totally worth it to spice up your nails every once in a while. I give them two thumbs up, literally!
_________________________________________________________________________________
**UPDATE**

Nails on Day 10
After 10 days my nails were slightly grown out and a bit worn at the tip but still looking great! When you are finally interested in removing your polish you can simply use any polish remover you may have on hand.

*These opinions are totally my own and were not solicited by Sally Hansen.

4 comments:

  1. If you have the budget for it, try Sally Hansen's new gel polish kits. They are on the pricey side, but are very nice. (I got mine for Christmas.) You paint it on like regular nail polish (or they have strips) and cure it under an LED light that comes with the kit for 30 seconds. Your nails are completely dry right then so you don't have to worry about smudging them. It is AWESOME now that I have the baby to worry about. I can still sit down to give myself a manicure and get up right away if she starts to cry. It lasts about 2-3 weeks if you follow the directions correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom and Krista both have LED manicure sets and swear by them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing Marissa! I do love their patterns, and you're right, they typically go on sale often! Check out Ulta in Indy. They have good deals and you can get a rewards card! - J

    ReplyDelete