January 25, 2013

Homemade Heating Pad

With the bitter cold temperatures and early flu season, how have you been staying warm this week? One thing I couldn't have done without this week was my homemade heating pad. And it will only take you about 30 minutes to make one for yourself!

All you will need is:


  1. A small piece of upholstery fabric (I bought "outdated" remnants very inexpensively from a local furniture store) 
  2. Matching thread
  3. Dried rice or split peas
  4. Sewing machine


To make heating pad:


  1. Cut 22 inches x 8.5 inches of material.
  2. Fold the material in half "hot dog style," which is what my elementary art teacher called folding it long ways.


  3. Sew up one bottom and side edge.
  4. Fill bag approximately 3/4 full.
  5. Fold remaining material over and top stitch close.
My Heating Pads!

4 comments:

  1. Paul is so lucky. He can say "gee, we really need..." and then *poof* if appears thanks to your DIY nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always thankfully to be a sewer, especially when it comes to hemming pants!

      Delete
  2. Gee, we really need a 3-piece light gray suit for me to wear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. By the time I got that finished it would be the wrong size!

      Delete