January 13, 2013

A Fresh Start

Have any of you made New Years resolutions?

I would like to finish my "read the Bible in a year" plan which I started... ahem... a few years ago. I would also like to eat healthier, be a better wife and friend, build my Etsy shop, etc., etc. When I started thinking about everything that I wanted to do I became overwhelmed with the laundry list.

That's why I have been especially inspired by my pastor's January sermon series: A Fresh Start. In this series Pastor Steve has been analyzing Biblical people that were given a clear and fresh start in their lives. I was especially motivated after reviewing Job's life story. I can't imagine losing EVERYTHING that I valued and still worshiping the Lord without question. Kind of puts my "New Years resolutions" in perspective.

You can listen to the first sermon in the series here.

No comments:

Post a Comment