February 18, 2014

Car Seat Cover

I was recently asked to make a custom car seat cover for a friend. I loved that I was able to choose the material with her and make it match her nursery perfectly. I bought these matching prints at JoAnn's and used a pattern I found through Pinterest here.


I diverted from the pattern a little bit by adding a layer of quilt batting in the middle for extra insulation and warmth.


Figuring out where to place the handles was a bit of challenge because I don't have a car seat readily available to measure against and my friend didn't have her car seat yet. So, I took the whole project to church with me a borrowed one from a gracious mama to measure. I placed the top outside corner of my sewn square 16 1/2 inches down from the top and 10 inches in from the side.


I even added a "handmade by Marissa" tag that my mama gave me for Christmas last year.


I even had to borrow a co-workers car seat to display the finished product! This was a quick and easy project and I would definitely do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment